- In 1958, began operation under the name Winston County Community Hospital.
- In 1972, a 40-bed Skilled Nursing 首页 was constructed and began accepting 病人. It was constructed utilizing state and local funds.
- In 1981, the new 65-bed hospital was constructed and began accepting 病人.
- In 1983, the old 49-bed hospital was renovated and converted into nursing home beds, bringing the total number of nursing home beds to 82. Since 1983, additions to the nursing home have been made, bringing the total number of beds to 120.
- In 1994, Winston County Medical Foundation, a 501(c)3 not for profit, leased the medical center from Winston County and began conducting business as Winston Medical Center.
- In 1995, a new addition to the radiology department added a Helical CAT Scanner to the services at WMC.
- In 1999, a major renovation focused on the expansion of the emergency department and several ancillary departments. 6000平方米. ft. addition included a new emergency department, a large outpatient center, 新大厅, expanded laboratory services, respiratory services, and endoscopy services. In addition to the expansion, the old emergency area was completely remodeled, adding an additional 4 trauma beds.
- In 2013, a major renovation was conducted in the nursing home. It focused on modernizing the facility, adding a new wing to relocate existing rooms, adding a large dining area and expanding the outdoor recreational space for residents. Winston Medical Center purchased Ard Medical Clinic which was renamed to Winston Medical Clinic-Main Campus. 2013年12月, Winston Medical Center added another health clinic in Noxapater, 密西西比州 which is named Winston Medical Clinic-Noxapater.
- In 2014, Winston Medical Center, relocated to 923 South Church Avenue to a temporary location after the destruction of the tornado that destroyed Winston Medical Center and much of its community.
4月28日, 2014, Winston Medical Center took a direct hit from an EF4 tornado and lost the buildings it had occupied for most of the last 60 years. Despite this tragic event, the Medical Center was able to protect the residents and 病人 in the facility while at the same time managing to treat new 病人 who came to the emergency room as the result of their storm related injuries. Winston Medical Center accomplished this goal by following its established Emergency Preparedness Policies and Procedures. 结果是, the Medical Center was able to report zero deaths and only one minor injury to the many residents, 病人, visitors and staff who were in the Medical Center and surrounding clinic buildings at the time the tornado hit.
同时, Winston Medical Center gained the knowledge that “it’s what’s on the inside that counts.” The staff of Winston Medical Center utilized foresight, 技能, 同情, 最重要的是, dedication to persevere through this experience. Winston Medical Center proved that it is a true community where its staff, 病人 and residents can be confident that every effort in any event will be put forth to ensure the overall care and well-being of anyone who chooses Winston Medical Center as their provider.
2017年4月, Winston Medical Center opened its new state-of-the-art hospital in its previous location on East Main Street in Louisville, 密西西比州.